Thread: Buffett: Kinh tế Nhật sẽ hồi phục

Dac Trung
    Khách

Buffett: Kinh tế Nhật sẽ hồi phục

Japan a "buying opportunity," will recover: Buffett

Billionaire investor Warren Buffett believes Japan's devastating earthquake is the kind of extraordinary event that creates a buying opportunity for shares in Japanese companies.
    Japan, the world's third-largest economy, has been battling to bring an overheating nuclear plant under control after it was battered by the March 11 earthquake and tsunami that rattled global markets and prompted massive intervention in currency markets by the Group of Seven industrial nations.
    "It will take some time to rebuild, but it will not change the economic future of Japan," Buffett said on Monday on a visit to a South Korean factory run by a company owned by one of his funds. "If I owned Japanese stocks, I would certainly not be selling them.
    "Frequently, something out of the blue like this, an extraordinary event, really creates a buying opportunity. I have seen that happen in the United States, I have seen that happen around the world. I don't think Japan will be an exception," said the 80-year-old investor, dubbed the "Sage of Omaha" for his successful long-term investment strategy.
    Buffett heads Berkshire Hathaway Inc, which has substantial insurance and utility investments globally.
    Japan's Nikkei share average rose 2.7 percent on Friday, buoyed by the G7 support, but still ended the week down around 10 percent, with some $350 billion wiped off share values -- the market's biggest weekly slide since the global financial crisis in 2008. Japanese markets were closed on Monday.
    Buffett said Berkshire Hathaway, which at the year-end was sitting on $38 billion of cash equivalent and last week bought U.S. specialty chemicals maker Lubrizol for $9 billion, was looking for more large-scale acquisitions anywhere in the world.
    In his annual letter to Berkshire Hathaway shareholders last month, Buffett had said he was looking for more acquisitions.
    "The United States is most likely where we will do something," he said at a ground-breaking ceremony for a South Korean factory run by a unit of an Israeli firm owned by his investment vehicle.
    Buffett will have yet more money to invest after Goldman Sachs buys back $5 billion of its preferred stock from Berkshire Hathaway, which the fund bought at the height of the global financial crisis.

EYE ON KOREA

Buffett, ranked the world's third-richest man by Forbes this year, said he was also looking to buy entire businesses and large-cap shares in South Korea -- where Berkshire is already a leading shareholder in steelmaker POSCO.
    He said geopolitical risks associated with North Korea had not curbed his interest in South Korea, Asia's fourth-largest economy. Berkshire also owns a stake in Chinese car and battery maker BYD.
    Buffett did not disclose any holdings in Japan on Monday, and Berkshire Hathaway's annual report did not show any major investments there. He had been due to visit Japan later this week, but canceled due to the earthquake.
    Unlike many foreign fund managers, Buffett, who arrived in the southeastern city of Daegu on Sunday by private jet, won plaudits from ordinary South Koreans.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...72K0DL20110321

Hàn Quốc cũng là nơi Warren Buffett thâư có tương lai.

Dac Trung
    Khách
    -> Không nên đút tiền vào thị trường chứng khoán của các quốc gia nào mà không có thể chê´ minh bạch, không có tự do báo chí, và có nhiêù tham nhũng, ḅn rút, quản lư bê bôí,...

Bác Đặc Trung hăy giúp TV diễn đàn này tố cáo chính quyền 3Dũng đang tô đẹp chỉ số VNI, HNX để lừa dân. Hay hơn nữa bác hăy giúp giải thích hành động phản quốc của đám người Việt sống ở hải ngoại mang tiền tỷ về đầu tư.

Dac Trung
    Khách
    Tôi muôn´ đưa thông tin đa chiêù một cách khách quan. Ngướ đọc tự nhận thưc´ sau đó ḿnh sẽ làm ǵ.

Báo cáo các bác, hiện nay dân t́nh đang rục rịch ném tiền vào CK đấy ạ, mấy thằng bạn em nó làm sếp bên CK nó bảo thế. Không hiểu dân t́nh cố t́nh không biết hay biết mà vẫn thích chơi nhỉ :rolleyes:

“đa chiều” khó lắm bác Đặc Trung ạ. Lề phải có ban tuyên úy đảng, bộ 4T, mấy trăm tờ báo, truyền thanh, truyền h́nh đủ cả. Lề trái lèo tèo mấy trang mạng lại c̣n thích chí choé nhau, ai là cực đoan, ai là CS trá h́nh, vv... Đứng chính giữa th́ có “anh chàng thích c̣i hụ”. Chỉ phân biệt điều thật với những gian trá không đă bở hơi tai rồi, làm chi có th́ giờ mà phán đoán “chiều nào với chiều nào”.

Hay nhất vẫn là “viết và tôn trọng sự thật”.

Dac Trung
    Khách
    LHQ ca ngợi về sự phục hồi thần kỳ của Nhật Bản

Ngày 9/3, một năm sau thảm họa kép sóng thần và hạt nhân Fukushima (11/3/2011-11/3/2012), làm hơn 20.000 người thiệt mạng, Liên hợp quốc đă lên tiếng ca ngợi sự phục hồi nhanh chóng của Nhật Bản sau thảm họa .

Department of Public Information • News and Media Division • New York

Year after Devastating Earthquake, Secretary-General Praises Courage, Impressive

Resilience of Japanese People, in Message to Fukushima Energy Seminar

Following is Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon’s message to the International Energy Seminar in Fukushima, Japan, 2 March:

I am pleased to send greetings to this International Energy Seminar.

A year has passed since the devastating earthquake and tsunami that struck Japan, killing thousands of people and driving thousands of others from their homes.

I well remember this terrible disaster — the heartbreaking damage but also the impressive resilience of the Japanese people. When I visited Fukushima last August, the displaced families I met were brave, dignified and determined to reclaim their lives.

In material terms, they had very little. But in terms of the human spirit, they had a wealth of strength.

Now, twelve months on, we pause to remember the disaster. We have been working hard to draw lessons from what happened. The best tribute we can pay to the people of Fukushima and other affected areas is to answer their calls to ensure that no other communities ever suffer the same fate.

Japan’s preparedness saved many lives. Yet there is also much that Japan and others around the world can do to improve the way we respond to and prepare for disasters.

Sustainable energy, the urgent global issue that has brought you together here, will be crucial for Fukushima’s future and for the world’s efforts to achieve sustainable development.

The Smart Community Initiative is an example of Japan’s vision. I support the country’s efforts to build back better with more efficient, eco-friendly communities powered by sustainable energy.

My Sustainable Energy for All initiative aims to support, showcase and scale up projects like Smart Communities. I welcome Japan’s commitment to furthering such projects.

Sustainable energy is among the keys to boosting economic growth, preserving the global environment and promoting social justice.

This is a triple win for people and the planet.

Our goal is to turn power on in every home while turning down the global thermostat.

My Sustainable Energy for All Initiative sets out three complementary objectives to be reached by 2030: First, providing universal access to modern energy services. Second, doubling the global rate of improvement in energy efficiency. Third, doubling the share of renewable energy in the global energy mix. Realizing this vision is feasible and necessary. But it will require real commitment.

We have an opportunity to advance the cause of sustainable energy, address the problem of climate change and steer the world towards a more sustainable path at this year’s United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development in Rio de Janeiro. I urge you to do your utmost to contribute to a successful outcome at Rio+20 and to carry forward the decisions that will be taken there. In that way, the progress you realize in Japan can benefit our world.

I commend the foresight and fortitude of the people of Japan.

がんばっぺ福島。国連も世界も日本を応援し ています。

Ganbappe Fukushima. Kokuren mo sekai mo ouen shite imasu.

[You can do it, Fukushima! The United Nations and the world are behind Japan in this.]

http://www.un.org/News/Press/docs/20...m14138.doc.htm

Thread Information