Thread: PHÓNG SỰ ĐẶC BIỆT: Ra mắt phim ' Ride the Thunder' tại Washington D.C

PHÓNG SỰ ĐẶC BIỆT: Ra mắt phim ' Ride the Thunder' tại Washington D.C

Ra mắt phim ' Ride the Thunder' tại Washington D.C

TQLC
    Khách

Ride the Thunder: A Vietnam War Story of Honor and Triumph

Cám ơn bạn Sydney đă giới thiệu cuốn phim này.

Nếu ai không có điều kiện xem phim th́ có thể mua ở Amazon hoặc mượn cuốn sách này ở thư viện. Tôi đang đọc cuốn này và vô cảm phục thiếu tá Lê Bá B́nh và lực lượng Thủy Quân Lục Chiến đă chiến đấu anh dũng bảo vệ bờ cơi trước quân xâm lược phương bắc vào năm 1972.

Ride the Thunder: A Vietnam War Story of Honor and Triumph

Comments:

-By T. P. S.:
    Central to the plot are a few individuals and their daring exploits, chief among them Capt. John Ripley (whose jaw-dropping raid to blow up the Dong Ha bridge is told here better than anywhere else I have ever read); Maj. Le Ba Binh (a South Vietnamese Marine whose men fought off and beat back more than 20 times their number), and Lt. Col. Gerry Turley (whose strategic and tactical leadership and personal courage helped stave off what looked to be certain defeat, and then turn it into a victory). By the time you finish this book, you will know these men, their families (in most cases), and their hearts.

-By Andrew R. Finlayson:
    I just finished reading this book and to be honest it brough tears to my eyes as I read about the heroism and sacrifice of the brave South Vietnamese and American Marines whose stories are told within its pages. As a Vietnam Vet and former US Marine, I found this book truly spellbinding and enlightening. Mr. Botkin is an exceptionally gifted writer who relates his story in a very compelling and entertaining way, filling every page with pathos, historical detail, action, and political insight. I personally know several of the participants in Mr. Botkin's book and he captures their personalities perfectly and in the most engaging way. Their acts of courage will inspire any reader who values the traits of a warrior. There is no need to resort to hyperbole when Mr. Botkin tells the story of several key participants in the defense of Quang Tri Province during the 1972 TET invasion by the North Vietnamese. Each of these participants, both Vietnamese and American, are larger than life heroes. Their stories are told in this book for the first time - and what stories they are! If you have an interest in the Vietnam War and would like to know the truth about how bravely our South Vietnamese allies fought and why they ultimately lost the war, this is a book you must have. I also highly recommend it for anyone with an interest in the human aspects of combat and the enduring triumph of the human condition despite overwhelming odds. In short, I consider this one of the very best books ever written about the Vietnam War.

And many more...

Thread Information